February has been a wonderful time for Katy Carr and The Aviators, there’s just so much going on – from a successful DVD release and film screenings, to widescale coverage in the UK media:
– Katy Carr featured in the Sunday Times Culture magazine in a two page spread about the exploding vintage scene in London!
– You can listen to Katy performing on Clive Anderson’s Radio 4 Show ‘Loose Ends’ this Saturday 3rd March – so tune in to hear some of her brand new cross cultural, Avant-Garde material!
– Katy was recently on a panel of judges on ‘The Late Show’ with the lovely JoAnne Good on BBC London, talking about new music and her film ‘Kazik and the Kommander’s Car’. Listen again here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p00p1yxv/
– Amazing news – Katy Carr’s single ‘Kommander’s Car’ has just reached number 15 in the Polish Music Radio Verulam Chart.This is the first time a British-Polish person has reached this height in the charts; it secures Katy’s international reputation alongside great Polish artists such as Marek Grechuta, Maria Peszek and Dżem.
– The DVD release of ‘Kazik and the Kommander’s Car’ has received some incredible feedback, including a 3/5 star review in Time Out London and a 5/5 star review from the West End Extra, who said of the film:
‘This is a clear lesson as to why justice and equality must be the cornerstones of civilisation, of why tolerance and love is all that matters as the fundamental building block for societies – and what can happen when this key fact is lost in the murk of power and politics.’
As part of her London-Polish Community collaborations, Katy Carr has featured on a video blog on Projekt Londyńczyk! Please watch the interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IHr2sJkY9GQ
It was also with pleasure that Katy Carr played at the stunning Polish Professionals in London ‘PPL Swing’ event on 18th February. As well as playing 1940s British songs, she performed songs from 1930s Poland – these are part of a new repoirtoire which will revealed soon… watch this space!
Not to forget that Katy Carr and the Aviators were also nominated for the London Music Awards 2012 – alongside Kate Bush, PJ Harvey, Artic Monkeys, Metromony, Ed Sheeran and Laura Marling. It’s all happening!
We’re so excited about the concerts and events we’ve got coming up – celebrating the heritage of both Great Britain and Poland through new music, film and art.
**EXCITING MAJOR EVENTS PLANNED FOR 2012**
SATURDAY 10TH MARCH 2012 – KATY CARR AT THE COALWAY SHOW
FRIDAY 16TH MARCH 2012 – 6.30pm – KATY CARR LECTURE AT KINGS COLLEGE LONDON: ‘MUSIC LINKS GENERATIONS AND CULTURES’
20TH JUNE 2012 – 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF KAZIK’S ESCAPE FROM AUSCHWITZ. A MEMORIAL EVENT TO BE SHARED WITH YOU SOON!
SEPT 17TH 2012 – LAUNCH OF KATY CARR’S EAGERLY AWAITED 4TH ALBUM
– ‘Carr is a fine example of that much-maligned beast we call Authenticity…’
– ‘Her idiosyncrasy as a musician meant she’d have to forge ahead under her own steam – even the most avowedly avant labels fight shy of butterflies they can’t easily net… ‘
– ‘She’s a true original, standing out like the spark generated by a Swan Vesta applied to a cigarette in the Blackout.’
PIEKNEGO DNIA I NIECH ZYJE POLSKA!
Katy Carr and The Aviators
Katy Carr, Musician, Songwriter Performer
Katy Carr on FACEBOOK
Katy Carr on MYSPACE
Katy Carr on FACEBOOK FAN
Katy Carr on FLICKR
Katy Carr on TWITTER
t : +44  7972254710
Admin and bookings email@example.com
Katy would would like to honour and thank all the people and venues who have helped her this month:-
Lizzie at Evans Above PR, Sara Silver, Rosa Weber, Hannah Lovell, Nigel of Bermondsey, Jez Coad, Francesca Ter-Berg, Flora Curzon, Janusz Sikorski, Lukasz, Tomek and Robert and all at PPL Polish, Professionals in London, Aleksandra Musiał, The POSK in Hammersmith, Karolina Zagrodna at Cooltura
Magazine, Karolina Kolodziej and Paulina Latham at the Polish Cultural Institute, Ben Wright Photography, Sophie Cammack, Enfield Council, SpiroArk who pioneer Jewish Education and the staff at the beautiful Art Deco Woolwich Grand theatre who so kindly put on a show for Katy Carr and her music producer Nigel Of Bermondsey, Bromide and other artists.